View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM

Default My Brother-In-Law needs help (Real Estate Investment Fund)

Okay, I'll try and explain this as best I can. Let me know if anything needs clearing up.

My sister's husband is currently just starting his 3rd year in medical school in Vancouver,Canada. A resident he has met at the hospital owns/runs a Real Estate Investment Fund on the side. (His employees run it obv)

Basically he's presenting it as a no lose opportunity from what I have gathered. Guaranteeing no less than a 9.75% return, paid monthly.

He recommends investing no less than 100k. This money would be coming from my B-I-L's line of credit, which has 6% interest. So basically he's guaranteed 4.75% on his money. (possible? especially dealing with real estate???)

From what I've been told, the owner sounds like a stand up guy, but my brother-in-law is a newbie when it comes to this stuff, no doubt.

Now I'm not asking someone to tell me everything about this as I'm sure that takes time, and I'm sure you would need more information to do that.

Basically I'm hoping some of you can post advice for him, to cover his back through this process...anything that he may need to know or read to make sure he's fully informed before making a decision this big.

Any info or links to reading material on this subject would be much appreciated, as I'll eventually just show him this thread.

Again, If I wasn't clear about something, let me know and I'll ask him when he gets home later tonight.

Thank you in advance