View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: grade the level of poker thinking in this explanation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Though neither scenario is probable I think it is definitely frustrating to put so much effort into a game that is so luck-oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one is making you play...and are you the first to discover that poker involves luck? It has been said many times, any given player can win on any given day, but good players find a way to win more than they lose. If you have been losing for the last 3 months in what you describe as an easy game, maybe you should find better things to do with your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noles, please dont take my comments as a dig on you. I am not suggesting poker in general is a luckfest. I am suggesting lhe is. Now obviously the better players will get the money in the long run, but I am suggesting that it is extremely difficult to maintain a certain level of play in the face of repeated disgusting beats. Im not talking about getting 2 outed a couple times in a session. I am talking about getting 2 and 3 outed everytime its possible to get 2 and 3 outed. Im talking about never making an oesd or a flush. I know that things will get better, but one honestly wonders if it is game worth playing if it is possible to run bad for such an extended period.