Thread: 1/2 river spot
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: 1/2 river spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I like the way you played this. I was originally going to say bet/fold, but that's when I thought you'd bet the flop. Given that you didn't, it's very unlikely that a decent two pair is out there that can call since nines up would have bet the flop and there aren't a lot of reasonable combinations for a worse tens up.

Also, the fact that your opponents checked the flop and called the turn makes it very likely that they picked up draws. With a "scare card" hitting that's still likely to miss your opponents, I think check/calling is the best you can do.

With that said, I might fold to a bet from the BB since it's tougher to bluff with one unknown caller left to act, but you definitely want to call against the CO who's likely bluffing over 50% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good analysis, and shows that check-calling is the best play on the river. It may not leave us with the most comfortable decision, but it is clearly the most profitable way to play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 1-2 I find that most people (even some of the very good regulars) bluff so little and look you up so much that check-calling is rarely the best play. Also, betting in a spot where an unlikely draw came in can get you a lot of hero-calls b/c they think you're FOS. Not to mention that routinely betting this kind of hand makes you much harder to play on the river overall.