View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who's going to work at a non-profit poker site???

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-profits hire people to work for them every day. Why would this non-profit poker site be any different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because those organizations actually generate revenue and can pay staff a wage. Your ideas on how this site could actually generate revenue makes me think you live in Fantasy Land. Bill Gates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most non-profits use exactly the business model I outlined to raise money. Whether Gates gets onboard with a small or large donation is beside the point. There are lots of wealthy poker players out there to ask for money.

You mean to tell me you would not donate $100 a year to make a site like this happen, if you had a solid foundation of a good board and bylaws? You don't think there are a lot of people who would donate $1,000? Or $25 dollars? Or just $10? Once the site were up and running, wouldn't you occasionally click a 'support the site, tip a buck' button and donate $1 after you won a pot?

The problem of paying transaction fees has already been demonstrated to be no problem. I fail to see the 'fantasy land' aspect of my ideas.

I never said it would be easy or quick, but it is not crazy.

As I said, you'd probably want to pick the single most favorable state to get started. You might well want to take the approach of 1 site per state, mentioned by others, to keep the legal costs down.

It would take a strong leader, and lots and lots of unpaid hours before there would be any chance of getting it off the ground, and I don't really see it happening, but it's an interesting idea, IMO.