View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Love for the Dumpling House

OK, so everyone has been posting about all their favorite Asian foods - sushi, Korean, etc. I love all of those things, but I'd like to spread a little love for a less-recognized (by the white man) but perhaps greatest Asian food mecca:

The Dumpling House.

Now, lots of people have had, and love Dim Sum, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking a full-on joint that serves dumplings, with all kinds of delicious goodies inside.

You sit down and start loading up on baskets full of these hand-made beauties. You dip them in black vinegar and ginger, perhaps some chili sauce. You let 'em pop in your mouth. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you live in LA, go to Din Tai Fung in Arcadia. If you live in the Bay Area, go to the Potsticker King in Cupertino (make sure they don't give you the blasphemous white man menu - look for the Taiwanese specials in 8 pt font on the back of the menu). Get the little dishes of food that are kinda like Tapas, Taiwanese style. Eat lots of dumplings, drink lots of tea. Whole meal should be less that 15 bucks per person.

web page

Look at the map, which depicts LA approximately in Miami... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So, let's spread some love for the Dumpling House experience! Do any of you other degenerate foodies have good experiences?!?