View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
I'll clarify. In this instance the gaming commission has announced "they" are pushing forward the audit.

This seemed like a big deal and more transparent than Absolute Poker calling for the audit before it was revealed that Tokwiro enterprises owns AP and that Joseph Tokwiro Norton founded the MIT campus on which the servers are located.
He also is credited in various places for founding the gaming commission during his chief(dom?).

I wasn't referring to the outside agency as being the same entity- I was saying in this case that the gaming commission calling for the audit is almost no different than the company itself calling for it.
The perception the commission creates is that somehow it's this separate impartial entity- and I was pointing out that in this case all parties except the auditing firm are tied back to one person.

It may have been slightly inaccurate to say they are auditing themselves, but it's a lot more accurate than simply calling it an independant commission bringing in an outside firm to audit a company they only lease server time to.
I thought it was important to directly rebut the perception that because it's the commission calling for the audit instead of the company that it would somehow be more impartial.
If my toes got across the line- I'll live with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that KGC aren't doing the audit themselves; they are employing Gaming Associates (who seem reputable by all accounts) to do it.

What they'll find is another story, but they are definitely terrified enough to get on this.