View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 8: The REM Process - \"Equity\", \"Maximize\", \"RI

[ QUOTE ]

My main issue with the SPR section is that the utility of varying preflop raise sizing to achieve a particular SPR seems very limited. .... Since there is an inverse relationship between raise sizing and total number of callers (maybe not strictly linear but I imagine fairly close), varying my preflop raise sizing seems pointless to me for the purposes of achieving a particular SPR, and thus I am better off just sticking with the 4BB+1/limper standard to avoid giving away information, and also for ease of multitabling decision-making.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Brian,

Against opponents who don't consider your range or don't use information well, you should play according to your hand. It's a big leak not too.

Against opponents who use information fairly well, which now includes many players in $1-$2 and some in $0.50-$1, you should play according to your range.

Preflop raise size variation as described in SPR is for loose live games and microstakes online games. We will discussed fixed strategies like yours in detail in PNL2, including ways to improve on your 4+1 strategy.

Matt