View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 8: The REM Process - \"Equity\", \"Maximize\", \"RI

[ QUOTE ]
When does the study group continue ??

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that after reading PNL through the first time I have quite a few questions, mostly regarding SPR, which I imagine many others will also, as that is the main "new" topic- most good posters in the NL strat forums already have a pretty good concept of the REM process.

My main issue with the SPR section is that the utility of varying preflop raise sizing to achieve a particular SPR seems very limited. I have XX UTG in a 6 handed game. If I open for 2.5 BB, let's say on average I get 2 callers. If I open for 5 BB, obviously I will on average get fewer callers. But whatever I choose as my raise size, the final preflop pot is going to tend to be about the same. XX OTB with 2 limpers, same 6 handed game. Raise to 3 BB, lots of callers; raise to 7 BB, fewer callers, but again, the final preflop pot size is going to be similar whatever I raise to. Since there is an inverse relationship between raise sizing and total number of callers (maybe not strictly linear but I imagine fairly close), varying my preflop raise sizing seems pointless to me for the purposes of achieving a particular SPR, and thus I am better off just sticking with the 4BB+1/limper standard to avoid giving away information, and also for ease of multitabling decision-making.