View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1. How you are currently improving your game:

One of my friends (a 2+2er) and I sweat each other a ton during our sessions and talk about hands over Skype; outside of this, I participate in a lot of strategy discussion with other SSNL/MSNLers on AIM and IRC.

2. Your poker goals.

I'd like to become a winning player at 10/20+.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

2/4nl. I've made almost $50k this year and probably around $80k lifetime. I'm definitely a winner at the games I play and have solid fundamentals, but the assistance of someone who already wins in the higher stakes games would really help me learn the skills necessary to make the transition higher.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

Thinking about your range when bet-sizing
Hand played by a student of mine
In which I do maths
Deep stacks + reverse implied odds are scary

5. A little about yourself.

I just graduated college in June and now have (ZOMG BRACE YOURSELF) a real job as a software engineer; I still play poker almost every day though. While I make enough from poker right now to buy plasmas/video games/whatever I'd love to be at the point where I can sock away ridic amounts of money to be set for quite a few years and just start ballin' worldwide while leaving the real world behind. I also have a tendency to write entertaining trip reports involving failure with women, so obviously I need to get blinged out to start succeeding in this department.