View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 AM

Default UPDATE

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with the "if you're not good enough friends to discuss it with him" than it's not your concern about his cashflow. at the least maybe a "how about we play a tourney so everyone only has to risk x amount" We always had the guys when we played "dealer choice" a few years ago, that would hit the atm twice everytime we played...in the end, he's an adult, i personally would take his money if he didn't want to take my advice

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like it is selling alcohol to a known alcoholic. Your own set of moral values will determine whether you are OK with this.

UPDATE:
GoodP and myself told everyone that we were going to cut the stakes in half and we wouldn't play otherwise.

So the game is now a 0.125/0.25 game (they like the chips to all have the same value, so we can't have a 0.10/0.25 game. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Each chip is worth 0.125 and we have to play with cash on the table.. this is the type of home game I'm dealing with. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] ).

LAGP seemed to be a little upset by this (he wanted to play the normal 0.25/0.50 game), but he had no choice. His wife seemed happy with the new stakes. No one else complained

HOWEVER... LAGP and his wife still lost ~$100-125 with the help of a couple bad beats. I can only imagine how bad it would have been if we played the normal stakes.

Unfortunately, I only won ~$15 or so, mostly because I was on the losing end of a set over set situation, but no one wants to hear a bad luck story [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]