View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: ***World Champion Red Sox Offseason Thread***

3B - Really sounds like the Sox aren't even going to push for A-Rod so please sign Lowell, none of this moving Youk to 3b talk please guys.

Schill - For purely selfish reasons I want him to stay, he would be good for the young guys but thinking objectively, we obviously don't need him, think about this rotation for a second, we are f'ing stacked for the future and now.

1-Becks (28yrs old)
2-Lester (23) Showed aggression and stuff, another offseason will be HUGE for him
3-Dice K (28) Should improve leaps with a full offseason conditioning program
4-Clay (23) No-No in his rookie year, should be better albeit inconsistent
5-Schill? Wake? Random Vet?

They also have Masterson in the minors who is a good arm

Catcher - I think Tek enters this season with 3 serviceable years left full time, maybe 2. Cash looked decent at times, I wouldn't mind giving him the chance to win the catcher of the future.

Coco - I think Jacoby should enter the season leading the battle for CF and Coco's contract should be a good trading chip if we are looking for another starter or a replacement if Lowell leaves.

The most exciting thing about this offseason/team is that they are so young that they could basically stand pat and lose the contracts of Schill/Clement/Lowell and have a lot of money to sit on for the right guy, even if they don't spend any of that extra money they are still f'ing stacked.