Thread: The Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: The Rivalry

[ QUOTE ]
Agree, TC. Best friggin' week of the year. I'm totally useless at school (and hopefully starting next year at work). I talked to a guy who was just at the advance screening at the Michigan Theater. He said it was great. Also Rick Leach was there and gave a speech after.

The thing about this, vs. say Notre Dame or MSU, is that winning vs. OSU is the best feeling (sans National Title). However, as much as losing sucks, I think losing to MSU or ND is worse than losing to OSU. We hate the Buckeyes and all but they're a legitimately great program. MSU is not, like losing to your little brother. ND is a great program, but they're evil incarnate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we need to put a few more L's on you guys to make it like I felt growing up during the John Cooper years. Continuous disappointment.

A guy just started at my work from Michigan (I live in Texas now), and its kind of interesting how we both just "get" it. There is an automatic competitiveness between us as soon as he put his Michigan flag up. But compared to the Longhorn fans (and worse... Aggies), it just isn't the same. I went to the Texas- Ohio State game last year, and was just utterly dissapointed by the atmosphere. No excitement. Just annoying loud music being blasted out of the speakers. The stadium was awful and looks like it was an oversized high school stadium. I was also told by some ignorant Longhorn fans that "Ohio State doesn't have football tradition".

But Michigan and Ohio State just get each other. Its the yin to the yang, opposite in colors but identical in form. I have a lot of respect for you guys and there just seems to be a "bond" whenever I meet someone from Michigan. It just puts that much more on the line when I need to save face.