View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Why don\'t you watch boxing?

i like watching boxing more than MMA, but that is probably only because a couple of my friends are boxing fanatics and their families or themselves get like every PPV of any kind of significance.

As a casual fan, the number of free fights I can watch is a plus for me in MMA. I can watch big fights on basic cable a lot of the time, and I think the availability and the marketing is what brings me back.

All things equal, I'd rather watch two top boxers of almost any weight class fight, but it feels like it happens too infrequently.

Boxing seems to be huge with all the Filipino and Hispanic people I know. Weird, b/c i only know of manny. are there a ton of filipino boxers i don't know about?

the constant level of popularity across weight classes in MMA i think has to do with the knockout/dramatic stoppage potential being more equal than across boxing weight classes.

I don't know if this is correct or not, but I have the thought in the back of my head that a lot of guys on the UFC undercards have spent a fraction of the time developing their skills that most boxers who start fighting really early.