View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Putting in my notice - SCARY!!

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on your success! IMO, the hardest thing in starting your own business is just getting started. Its so scary, especially for spouses. Good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scary?....Im absolutely petrified. So is my wife.
I went to work after posting this and had "the talk" with my boss....nothing is final yet and I didnt put anything in writing. It was a pretty bad and emotional meeting....in the collections industry 6 years makes you a seasoned veteran and its unheard of for someone to leave the industry after that long. Ive been with them since I was 19 and my office is really all I know...I was broke and living in moms basement before I found this place. They basically helped and made me grow up.

Making this choice now to leave has literally been the hardest decision Ive ever had to make in my life.

I was also told that if the higher ups heard about the buisness then Id be fired via "conflict of interest". He then made his case for me to stay and supposedly there are talks now with administrators about offering me an incentive to stay and to drop the buisness all together.

A few days ago I was 100% sure as to where I would be in a few months. Ive had my eye on the prize and focused on the buisness startup 100% for 2 months...My buisness is 90% finalized and is already ready to start making money, but now Im second guessing everything Im doing as to if it is right or not. I need to make the decision now as to whether to take the plunge....like today... imediately. I was actually sent home from work about an hour ago and told that when I return tomorrow to have a black and white answer for them.

MMB this is a cry for help!! Please... anyone thats made the leap please give me some insight that may make this decision more clear today.

Thank you