Thread: "Lost" Albums
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: \"Lost\" Albums

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow! I'm a huge Maria McKee fan and have everything she's ever released...from the first Lone Justice album to her latest solo work. Love, love love her...I've also seen her twice - once in the early days with LJ and once during the Life is Sweet tour.

Nice pull!

[/ QUOTE ]

Double wow! This is who I was going to mention. Damn and I thought I was the only one. Here's a couple of cool live clips

Sweet, Sweet Baby Live Version - Very Good

Has He Got a Friend For Me
This is from Dutch TV, with her sitting at a piano in a hotel room and just singing the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding the Dutch TV clip (great clip BTW), apparently she "did well in Europe" as "they" sometimes say. A few years back my brother sent me a "Live - Swedish FM Disk (a two disk set)" from about the time of her warming up U2; it showed the electricity she could put out on stage very well. I'm pretty sure my brother trades only in legal concerts so you might be able to find it.

Of course Irieguy and Dom's threads got me to watch most of these last night goofing around You Tube; her Lone Justice stage sets weren't the best choice for pre-sleep music. I should have watched Lone Justice first and Richard and Linda Thompson from the other thread second. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, I may have posted another (or the same) version of Sweet Sweet Baby but I Found Love was another of her wilder live Lone Justice performances.

~ Rick