View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: 200NL Bodog Flopped Flush vs. Donk

I a spot like this, with a vulnerable hand vs. a super laggy opponent, I like to flat call on the flop and get it in on a non heart turn.

Most turn cards are safe for you, and a villain with these stats is going to lead into you very often on any turn. He bet almost pot on the flop, so he's probably making a decent sized bet when he leads the turn. You can now push all in on a safe turn without any big overbet issues. And this type of villain will often call when you have huge equity in this pot.

You might also get an overcall on the flop from UTG, which I don't mind, because it's more money in a pot that you will be winning most of the time, and it doesn't much change the way the turn will play. If both your opponents are drawing on you with a single heart, then there are only 6 hearts left in the deck. So they are going to miss on the turn very often, and then you can pull the trigger.

Also, when you raise the flop, if a heart comes on the turn, villain may recognize this is a scare card for you and he might even bet it without having a heart. If you flat call the flop, he may assume you called him with the heart draw and he'll sometimes give up on the turn when the 4th heart hits. So you may win even when the heart turns. If a heart turns and villain bets big on the turn, I fold. If he checks the turn, I check behind and maybe call a river bet.