View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Introducing No Limit

We played plenty of PL last night and it worked out fine. A little cash made it on the table with all the .50 chips but having a couple $20 bills around was not a big deal. Going south was discussed and agreed upon (do not do it).

The three of us that got there on time were discussing the future of our game after an hour of sitting around waiting when the rest of the crew arrived and restored my faith in our home poker game. We had a blast. 4 dollar spread limit follow the queen 7-card stud was the only game which paid me, it's amazing when your first 5 cards flush (all natural) and then the wild card comes, then changes, but the hand still holds up. A-high flushes, boats and quads usually win that game.

Anyway I think we're ok. It's uncapped but it's got to be on the table. We played some NL as well, it worked fine.

FWIW I'm fine with the stakes. and I'm not finding another game, these are my best friends from college and we've been playing together for more than five years now. The problem as I see it is the stakes are getting too high for newbies, but, I've realized it's not a place for newbies, everyone is really quite good. We had one new guy who was thankfully not new to poker, he called the NL game after buying in for $40, he had fun and will surely return. PL Omaha Hi-Lo was called a few times and was really fun, much more fun than $3 max raise Hi-Lo. New guy played Omaha with us but got smart and sat out during booray rounds which I'm hoping will encourage people not to call it, I hate it.

Thanks for all the comments, table stakes is key, even if it gets a little weird with mixed games getting thrown in. I think a few of you have it dead right, we're lucky to be able to play all these different games and have tons of fun in the process. Maybe we don't need any new players, this would be fine if the Army didn't keep shipping them off to Kuwait. So long as they come home the game should stay intact.