View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Introducing No Limit

With .50/$1 blinds, I would recommend that you start with a $100 max-buy-in table stakes game. If it's a friendly game where everybody brings more than $100, I'd recommend making a $100 innitial buy-in mandatory (no more, no less).

Once the game starts, players can chose to rebuy back up to $100 anytime they want before a new deal, but they can't add on to their stack if it's over $100 except by winning it. And they can choose not to rebuy, too, if that's what they would prefer.

If $100 max buy in's aren't "deep" enough, then make it $200 max buy-in. But I wouldn't go any deeper than that. Effective stacks of 200x the big blinds are pretty deep already.

Finally, you need to make sure you play table stakes only, and get used to figuring out how to set up side pots when more than one player is all in with varying stack sizes. Also, you should play chips only as long as you have enough chips. Don't let people slip cash on the table or under their stacks. It is unethical to "hide" or intentionally misrepresent the amount of money you have in play at a no limit table stakes game.