View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 AM

Default The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

As I'm sure you all know by now, I think that Tom Brady is the best football player in the league(and close to being the best of all time). Of course, the popular opinion after last year is that Manning has taken over the #1 spot.

Here is what I posted in the NE Pats thread:

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
LINK

Brady's stats through 3 games this year:

70/88(79.5%), 887 pass yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT, 141.8 QB rating, 3-0 record

If he keeps that up, that comes out to:

373/469(79.5%), 4730 yards, 53 TDs, 5 INTs, 141.8 QB rating, 16-0 record.

Where that would rank Brady all time:

-Brady would demolish the all time QB rating mark set by Manning in 2004 of 121.1. The next highest is 112.8(Steve Young).

-Brady would demolish the all time completion percentage record of 70.55%(Ken Anderson).

-Brady would become the first QB to ever win 16 regular season games in a season.

-Obviously many QBs have not lost a game all year, but none have ever done it for 16 games.

-He would break Manning's record of 49 TD passes.

-For fewest INTs among QBs who started 16 games, he would rank only behind Steve Deberg's 1990 season(4 INTs).

-Only Marino, Warner, and Fouts would have ever passed for more yards in a season(All time record is 5084).

And for those thinking that this is just a fluke hot start, consider that he has Cincinatti, Cleveland, and Dallas in his next 3 games. Through 3 games those teams' pass D averages per game:

Cincy: 266 yards(23rd in league) and 2.66 TDs(tied for 30th in league)

Clev:262 yards(20th in league) and 3.66 TDs(32nd in league)

Dal: 267 yards(26th in league) and 2 TDs(tied for 25th in league)