Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Opp just c/r\'d A high board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd prefer to do this on a rainbow board

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I've gotten a chance to try this several times against nits check raising me on stuff like A93 rainbow boards. They've folded to the 3-bet every time so far, so I'd guess this is very +EV (thanks whoever wrote the post that convinced nits to start check raising these boards!). But the flush draw is enough of a reason for me to not do it here since he could be semi-bluffing a draw/combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that was me i think. i also said to 3bet bluff too so i am really creating a cycle of TAG on TAG violence, who knows where it will end

the point is if a TAG c/r on a Axxr board, they pretty much have a set or nothing, so you can 3bet them liberally.

i think nuts/air lines are so easily exploitable, thats why mergin' your range aejones style is important against thinking players

[/ QUOTE ]

Against TAGs I mix it up sometimes and just call from the BB with AQ/AK vs. late opens. I do so with the intention of c/ring a lot of flops, especially A-high flops. Ironically, I get a lot of folds when I just have 2 overs and a lot of action when I have TPTK, lol. It's like a dream come true.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft