View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: West Virginia -23 @ Connecticut

[ QUOTE ]
MyTurn likes WVA. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...3&fpart=all

WVA run the ball very well and UCONN can't stop the run. Plus WVA will run up the score if they can to improve their chances of getting into title game. The worry is that UCONN likes to run the ball, too so clock will keep running. Time may run out on WVA for cover. I think the number is awfully damn big for a road favorite in a conference game, so I'm gonna have to pass. I think it would be silly to bet on UCONN and pray for the clock to run out. And I think that the fact that WVA actually have legitimate incentive to run up the score is a big factor. I just can't bring myself to lay that many on the road. UCONN actually looked pretty decent against Army last week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or else WVA will come into the game assuming it's locked up, PLANNING to run up the score, and suddenly find themselves in a dogfight where covering is near impossible.

I think I'm going to bet on UConn here just to differentiate my picks this week from MyTurn's, I want to outdo him again, like I did the last two weeks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I'm NOT counting this toward my OGotD picks, it's really more of a whimsy play.