Thread: 40/80 QQ hand
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 40/80 QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember specifically but the turn might have put a second club on the board -- if this were the case, would there be any merit in raising the turn and taking a free showdown as opposed to calling the turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I would do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? This is a horrible spot for a free SD raise. I don't want to sound like a dick and say "DUCY" but I really do want you to think it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought some more about this hand and I was fully prepared to argue that a turn FSD was the best option if the board is two suited on the turn. As I started typing it out including weighing his hand range I realized I was wrong. I was weighing the small pair and flush draw range too heavily in my mind when I replied, that was an error IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the crux of the issue is what happens when he has a bluff and what happens when he has a draw. I think the turn donk is usually a result of some type of improvement on the turn which makes a FD very likely. While nobody has been in this spot so many times we know for sure, I disagree with Deathdonkey when he says that live players will often check/fold missed FD on the river. I think random 40s middle easternish guy who donks the turn when a 4 flush hits will usually barrel off on the river.