Thread: NYC Raids
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: NYC Raids

I find your heavy handed overseeing of this topic a bit much. In all honesty next to nothing posted on this or any other board will ever have any relevance to law enforcement. The NYPD Vice Squad is not sitting here monitoring the B+M 2p2 forum on the off chance that someone decides to post some information which they had no alternate way of obtaining. Clubs are common knowledge and can easily be discovered through word of mouth, flyers, emails sent to the wrong people, etc etc etc. Most go down simply because it becomes clear that something is going on when 15 cars are parked in front of a business at 3am, and every other person coming out is a 19 year old kid with sunglasses and a shirt that says DEEEEEEEEEZ NUTS BABY!.

I'm sure you're already contemplating a reponse about what we've all heard already that Vice mentioned 2p2 during raids and what not. Allow me to save you the trouble. This might occur in 1 or 2 out of 100 cases. I'm sure it's POSSIBLE they could gain information off this or similar boards, but it's rarely if ever. I've been involved dealing, running the floor, sharing profits, and playing in 3 different clubs that got busted while I was involved or right after I became uninvolved. None was busted because of some covert LE operation that included monitoring internet boards. The bottom line is, these places will be taken down after awhile simply because they're against the law. Some last a bit longer than others, but, in the end, every one goes down. 2p2's bizarre method of "protecting" rooms that everyone in a 100 mile radius already knows about accomplishes little. If he wants to know why X room stayed open longer than Y room, it's a valid question. We actually should be considered ENTITLED to said information because it may be relevant to us as far as going to play there.

OT for a second, your above post confuses me a bit. Are you actually claiming that people DIDN'T get arrested Tuesday night? This would be pretty difficult for the Daily News, NY's only readable newspaper, to get wrong/make up.

Ban me if you wish.