View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:44 PM

Default 2nd pair, turned NFD ($100NLCASH Stars)

Opponent was sitting waiting with $400 odd at Stars $100NL, so may be a regular. We were about even after 15".

Pre-flop he was raising/limping/folding his SB about a third of the time each.
He was continuation betting mostly but checking behind a bit.
He went for call down lines with TP a at least once in position. Generally if he called once, he didn't like folding.

He'd never 2-barrelled before, that is he'd always shutdown after I check-called/folded when I check-raised.

This was only the second time I'd 3-bet him (the first time he called then folded the flop).

Is a check-raise on the turn a no-brainer here? I was planning to fold the turn if I didn't improve and he bet again FWIW.

After he bet the turn I figured 2nd pair was not good and I had no fold equity. Even against such a passive opponent is that just stupid HU?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $406.60
Hero (BB): $107.50

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB calls $11

Flop: ($28) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9

Turn: ($46) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $30</font>, Hero calls, folds, or raises?