View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Would you fold here?

I see it's unanimous on hand 1.

However I wish to add a comment or two of mine in regards to hand 2. My question was, would you fold on the turn? For the most part it seems that the play is to cryingly call down. But it was hard to discern that betwixt all the comment on the play of the hand beforehand.

My thinking was this, I have a very vulnerable two pair OOP against many players. What is the best way to maximize AND win the hand? I knew a flop bet would chase out none of the draws, so I checked hoping someone from middle or late position would fire and then I could C/R chasing out some of the draws. When UTG bet out and everyone called, I knew a C/R wasn't going to drive anybody away. Furthermore, if I do C/R then the pot is so big that everyone will chase even a 4-outer on the river. So I opted to call and then chase out the weak draws on the turn, and that's exactly what happened.

I'm not saying that the way I played it is absolutely correct, there are many ways to go about playing this hand in my opinion. But I think it's a bit simplistic to simply state that I have to bet out or build a pot on this particular board for reasons mentioned above.

BO