View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: (razz) Cash game quiz

Excellent discussion all. I don't want to make this some kind of pooh bah thread by dissecting every street of every hand as I'm sure I'll get plenty of arguments about my answers, but I'll give you my opinion on the primary error for each hand.

<u>Hand 1:</u>
Ok, so I started off pretty simple. Even if we suspect seat 3 of stealing here, this is a bad call on 3rd. I agree with a lot of the reasons already mentioned including: you're showing a T and your hole range is very narrow, you're not even the bring-in and have to call a full bet, seat 1 is yet to act behind you with an A door card. Other fun factors to consider: your hand is somewhat dead with an A and 6 out, and the antes are small (yay for Pokerstars).

<u>Hand 2:</u>
The plays on 3rd and 4th are certainly debatable, but shouldn't any decent razz player realize we are behind on 5th?? This is clearly a check, but you have to call the raise as played.

<u>Hand 3:</u>
3rd is horrible, 3rd is horrible, did I mention 3rd is horrible? No offense to the microstakers, but this is the kind of thing you see all the time at 25c/50c and one of the reasons why most players never move up. If you want to know why it's so bad, I think 4th st in this hand is the perfect explanation. (Ignore the results oriented urge to say that hero got to see 5th for only one small bet, because the villains in this hand must have been under some mass jedi mind trick not to have raised him).

<u>Hand 4:</u>
My only explanation for how hero could call on 5th here is that he suspected seat 8 had an A in the hole since he was being aggro and therefore had paired. Problem is, if hero is right he's still woefully behind and if he's wrong he's drawing dead. Luckily I was in seat 8 and got to take a nice juicy pot off him here. Weeeeeeeeeee.

Ah, so who was the hero? Well, suffice it to say that it's not someone I had played before IIRC, but I did recognize his/her screen from the final table of last week's WCOOP razz event. Luckily, he was generous enough to take some of his winnings and start pumping them back into the poker community.