View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: (razz) Cash game quiz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also think unless there is some actual info on the opponent, making any assumption about what he might be raising to justify me raising is unjustifiable use of imagination.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that even if he has the best possible hand he can have on 3rd we still have an equity edge. Add to that the fact that he is probably not perfect in the hole, and could even have a very marginal hand due to the fact that the game is shorthanded, and a raise seems perfectly viable.

I'm not making any wild assumptions to justify a raise, I'm noting the fact that we're ahead even in the worst case scenario when he happens to be perfect in the hole. Big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that you are almost always atleast a slight favorite, but you are rarely a big favorite.

When you raise, you give your opponent a lot of accurate information. He knows you probably have 3 wheel cards. This will make it easier for him to fold when he is drawing thin. It also lets him know that a wheel card is likely to pair you, but a 7 or 8 almost never pairs you.

I don't think the reraise is bad, but a call is a little better play.