View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Limit Game in Toronto with experienced 50/100+ players 4hand

I agree that the CR on the flop completely exposes your strength here, but I'm not sure that leading out in this situation is a slam dunk either (although probably the right play). the CR does lessen drawing value for the passive player (unlikely he calls with overs or has a piece of the flop), whereas a lead out potentially caps the betting on the flop and leaves our hero in a bigger predicament out of turn on the turn. My thinking is this: if you're the villain here and it goes bet, call in front of you, you may as well jam the pot on the flop - but if hero comes out and announces he has a big pair or big draw with a CR (and villain has the luxury of position and can reasonably put BB on draw and hero on pair), you hero is firing on the turn, and you can trap 2 players for an extra BB here (so you benefit by slowing it down with almost certainly the nuts). My question is, how do you maximize this hand if you're the villain and do you think he played it perfectly?

Also, In the hero's defense, he was coolered here and the BB seems like the fish at the table in a short game (calling 4 small bets cold before the turn with hand that derives most of its value as a drawing hand given the action in front of him). Given your descriptions, EV should be slightly positive until BB's chips run out...after that, stand up.