View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, Tackleberry

Just a few:

Hand 49 is quizzical. I'm not sure if the turn is "obviously" a bluff. My mouth dropped when you CRAIed the river. Isn't this more of a bluff catcher against a missed straight than a bluff? If I have A10/K10/Q10, basically even a ten, I'm value betting the river and would be HARD pressed to fold gien the action. A8 is only hand you are bluffing against here, IMO.

Hand 74: MINRAISE, DIE.

Hand 75: You are deep more than 35bb deep against an open limper UTG, mandatory limp.

Hand 104: Good limp with K10 on button; if LesplayPaul is playing bad and I feel like my image is good, I probably take advantage here with a raise on the button. You have to raise this on the flop for but a handful of reasons (like, the flop texture, for one thing and position for another).

127: I would RR preflop if I know my opponent has the disposition to raise the button. Otherwise, flat calling is OK with these stacks. I think that CR on this flop is sexpert, but I don't have the balls to do it at these stacks. Admittedly, in a tournament the other week against a LAG middle stages I played JA this way (like 30bb deep), and now I hate myself for it. I do however think reads factor into that play as well.

In general, your flop play is a little too trappy and your preflop play needs a lot more aggression, as Betgo stated. You tend to flat call a lot of flops in position where raising could have gotten more $$ in a few times. The AK hand at the end is most clear - by calling, you give your opponent an opportunity to decide what to do on another street. CRing here would look more like a "play" given your stack and blinds. Also, that AK call at the end, as Betgo pointed out, was "awful."

Having a 27K stack means you have to weave your sword with pocket pairs, especially 6 handed. You didn't in a few spots.

Congratulations on your score.

Barry