View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: $200 Stars - 88 in BB

I think what you should be more aware of is that this flop most likely missed the field. And thus a bet from the BTN will often just take it down. Also, a monster isn't always looking for a c/r here since it is likely that the original raiser will not bet because of the obvious fact that he whiffed this flop. Lastly, there are really very few 'monsters' that are out. 3 different sets and 65 I guess. Sure 87 can get feisty/tricky sometimes but overall I would not look for monsters and rather find value in others complacency.

Realize though that betting this flop from the BTN with a hand like AQ will often get called but you have position which makes that ok. Now come turn you can check behind or double barrel if you choose. If you are not betting this flop from the BTN when checked to then I highly recommend that you 3bet it PF to avoid such situations. Mixing in the two (calling and 3betting PF) will make you a much tougher player to play against. Further more, mixing in your betting and checking on this flop once you have good PF frequencies will yet again improve your play.