View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Official Dids Gym Thread

[ QUOTE ]
A few guestions I have that haven't been answered:

2- I've been told by a few people that I should be doing the lifting first before cardio. My reasoning for not doing this in the past has been that it’s the lifting I really enjoy, so by forcing myself through the cardio, the lifting is a reward. How much of an impact is this, and is it mos def something I should change? Should I still have like a 10 minute warm-up if I do that?

5- Is the shake (after dinner, usually around 8:30-9:00 PM) a good/bad idea ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey dids, I gave some advice in your other thread, sorry if I sounded like an ass. The reason you should lift before cardio is so you don't exhaust yourself before you lift heavy. Since you're a beginner, it's not a big deal though because you're not lifting very heavy, plus you're using machines which are a lot easier. You should always warm up before any exercise. I'd recommend cottage cheese just before bed instead of the shake, as it digests slow, providing a steady stream of protein while you sleep. Also, you have free reign to satisfy your sweet tooth post-workout (and is beneficial), because you're most insulin sensitive then (insulin spike isn't going to store fat, but ship nutrients to muscles).