View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: This is why I\'m for the death penalty.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, comments such as "he did such a horrible thing, he should die" - often referring to the murder and molestation of children - are based on hatred. I too get disgusted when I hear some of the things that are done in the world, but I think it is a bad idea to base laws on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to disagree. Think one of the problems when handing out punishments is that people seem to have forgotten what the murderer actually have done. To every action there is a reaction, and the worse the crie the harder the punishment. The victim can be forgotten or distanced from the trial, while the murderer is there to show his humanity and good will and all that. But we should always try to remember what it was that was taken away, an inncoent person, with maybe 50 good years left, with a loving family or other people who cared for him/her that will grieve forever because of the selfish actions of the murderer.

Handing out punishment in corrolation with the crime that the offender has been found guilty of seems very logical to me, and for some crimes I dont find any punishment but capital punishment sufficient. To the degree that any hate is involved in this on my part it is more hate towards the action itself and not necessarily the agressor, but still he have to pay for the deliberate action that he took.

When someone say "he did such a horrible thing" they are hating what he did, and "he must die" based on that action. I can honestly say that Im in favor of executing people without hating the persons, but hating the actions so much that I do not find any other punishment suitable for the people guilty of commiting the crimes.