View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Every street debatable

[ QUOTE ]

not trying to debate you, but how do you know the value of inducing bluffs on this board outweighs the value of him calling down with A high or lower pp + the value of not letting him take free cards? does it just come from experience or is there some way to see that?

on a related note, there's stox's c/r c/c c/c line.

[/ QUOTE ]

The conclusions I have come to are based solely on the stat read in the OP. This may not seem satisfying to you but thats all the information we have at this point. IMO this guys stats practically scream out "big time 3 barreler" to me, and this is the exact type of opponent where C/C down will be the money line. Now somebody could argue that Nina said that she had a small sample on this villain in the OP, but that really doesnt change much. Less information on what appears to be a very aggressive opponent would only make me more likely to apply a showdown cheaply line.

Given no other read to the contrary, there has to be some stat line that eventually leads you to conclude that C/Cing down with a marginal hand like this is better than taking an aggressive line. I strongly believe this guy has the stat line we're looking for when we are thinking about applying the C/C down line. I dont see this guy taking alot of free cards when he should. And I wouldnt be surprised if he bluffed Ax all the way or made some other retarded value bet on the river with a hand like 55. I believe this is the type of opponent who will make more mistakes with the initiative than without it.

About Stox C/R, C/C,C/C line. I have seen him use this like when he C/R a flop with a Gutshot draw and then hit a marginal pair on the turn vs an aggressive opponent, but other than that, I really do not see the point of this line. If you have another example of a hand when Stox ran this play, I would like to hear about it.