View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: A strange way to play trips.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His river card does make trip Tens less likely....

[/ QUOTE ]

true...I didn't notice...if he was scared of tens he shouldn't have been given the action so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

Being "scared of tens," doesn't mean I think he always has trip tens.

On 6th I decided he either had aces and tens or trip tens, since his 4th street check in a multiway pot was uncharacteristic of a four-flush. If he has aces up, he might fold to a raise (this is really unlikely against most players, particularly those that call a bet on 5th with just aces, which is why I probably should've just raised 6th), but if he has trip tens, he'll 3-bet, and I'll have to call. If I just call, I figured he would bet aces up on the river after my passive 6th street play, and then be more likely to call a raise since the pot would be larger, and less likely to 3-bet if he has trip tens. So, at the time I felt I win more on average by just calling and raising the river.

Given the fact that he only limped on 3rd street, checked 4th, I think his most likely hand by far is aces up (I'm still not sure because he folded to my river raise), and since I doubt he folds to a raise, I probably should've just raised 6th.