View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Default KUJ Project: Step 1 - Choosing a Name / Hosting

For those who didn't see, this thread describes what I'm trying to accomplish.

I know it'll be slow traffic today(I'm headed out myself soon), but I'm committed to moving this project as fast as possible, both for my benefit and your gratification. I'll be using deadlines to keep this moving at high-speeds.

Choosing A Name
Ideas:
<font color="green">dailyprojections.com</font> - simple, memorable, says what I do, but kind of plain/cold
<font color="green">intheballpark.com</font> - nostalgia would be nice to incorporate and ballpark is a "nostalgic" word in my mind. also has the double use of poking fun at my own accuracy, but will users get the joke?
<font color="green">tomorrowsbox.com</font> - I don't like this but just throwing it out there for brainstorming. Basically playing on the idea of me putting out tomorrow's box scores today.

Basically I want to: convey high accuracy, get the user excited (through the value of these numbers or through a nostalgic connection), and be memorable.

Hosting
This is a weak point for me, so I'll need help. I want cheap and easy but it also needs to be able to host whatever forum software I choose as well as offer secure connections in the future for subscription sales.

Please post your ideas for domain names and hosting. Please comment on others' ideas and explain your position so that others can learn from this.

<font color="green">Deadline: Thursday night, 9pm server time </font> <font color="green"> </font>