View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Default NL 100: Butchered a hand. Am I a moron for considering this call?

I butchered this every which way I could have. Villain is 23/18/7 over 120 hands. Hero's image is about 19/17/3 and tight UTG. The flop was a huge mistake. I don't know wtf I was thinking with the size of the flop bet with an overpair in a 3way pot. Should have been more like 11 or 12, but I was in two other big pots at the time and messed up.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $154.05
MP: $51.40
CO: $161.40
BTN: $116.90
SB: $97.50
BB: $93.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $4, SB folds, BB calls $3

Flop: ($12.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, BTN calls $8, BB folds

Turn: ($28.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, BTN calls $16

River: ($60.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $67</font>, Hero thinks at this point that his bet looked like a scared blocking bet (which it was), and the aggressive villian decided to bluff the scare card.

Given button's aggression, hero is wondering what J would be in his range, given that hero raised UTG. There's a busted FD out. I would have hear from 88/22/33 before the river. And if villain had the J, what is he putting Hero on that he will think he would get a $50 river call. Easy fold here?