View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Prop Bet: 60 lbs in 60 days. Discuss

[ QUOTE ]
Losing an average of 1 lb. per day for 60 days has got to be one of the most unhealthy things I've ever heard of. GG OP! This is a true BBV4L degen bet. If you win it and survive, you'll be Gildwulf for a day.

Your best bet is to do 100% Atkins diet and force your body into ketosis. Those first 20 or 30 will melt off, but then your problem will be you'll still have another 30 or 40 to go. laffo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The additional details are that I've done this sort of thing before. Not for a bet though. I went from 270-185 in about 3.5 months with just diet/exercise. A lot of people said "that sounds unhealthy" but I ate fresh fruits/vegetables every day and cycled my ass off. Started at 4 miles/day until eventually I was doing 25-30. I didn't focus on the weight loss, it just came... I didn't starve myself, and on paper the weight loss seemed "excessive" but it seems to me that eating right and exercising are both healthy things, so I don't consider that to have been an "unhealthy" experiment. The only thing that worries me is that that time was the summer, and this is the winter. No way am I riding a bike in this cold. So i'm gonna have to hit the treadmill or something...

I'm not gonna ruin myself to do this...if I fall short, so be it, 500 is not a lot of money and I'll still feel good about being down to 210lb or whatever... Nevertheless, I think it's very doable...