View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: my first NL hnad post...

[ QUOTE ]
First thought is: you have to know if this player is capable of 3-betting you without a premium hand (QQ-AA).

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely will be.

[ QUOTE ]
Without a read, and assuming he's not getting extra aggro, your only hope is that he has another AKo/AKs, which means you're pretty much NEVER ahead here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% not true, because not only will AQ look you up, so will KK a lot of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
As played, you put 32.5BB in the pot (1/3 of your stack) with a big drawing hand. Since he called your flop-shove, he has to have AA, AK, or 99

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a host of other hands, in fact, depending on the player.

Anyway, who cares what he has after he calls?

[ QUOTE ]
fold-preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not do this. You will be crushed in six-max games if you give up AKs to a small reraise.

[ QUOTE ]
which honestly may be the best play

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever fold this hand, getting 3 to 1, I will personally hunt you down and skin you.

The only question is whether you flat call and hope to hit your ace, or push right now and ensure all five cards.

[ QUOTE ]
(again, assuming the raiser is straightforward).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I assuming that?

And straightforward != insanely tight.

[ QUOTE ]
Note with the fold, you're only down 12BB here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even my granny doesn't fold here.

[ QUOTE ]
Without knowing the tendencies of the players at the table, only so much analysis can be done, but I believe what I've described is reasonably standard for 100NL 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most NL players will push in this spot. Folding is pretty ridiculous, and calling is a bit meh.

As played, the shove is fine. I bet he showed you AJ and rivered you.