View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Ethics of datamining on stars?

[ QUOTE ]
All I am suggesting is that, as a community, we cannot openly condone breaking any T&C's, and should all make an effort to "toe-the-line" and stick to the T&C's. If we think the rule is wrong, then we should take that matter up with PokerStars rather than breaking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its not good solution.
There will always be people who will take advantage of it.
Its not that breaking one term is moral free for all.
Breaking some terms is worse than breaking others.
Breaking pointless term in defence of one's chances for fair play is not comparable to breaking terms which allows to gain huge advantage nobody else is getting.

I think we should do whatever we can to stop this situation and try to convince Stars to change their policy on it.
One thing they need to understand is that its impossible to do both :
a)allow to observe hands
b)eliminate datamining

You can make datamining hard but you will never eliminate it if you make it possible to observe hands.

If they wont change their policy my opinion is that we should all datamine because situation where everybody is breaking this particular point of T&C is better than situation where say 10% is breaking it and other 90% not in attempt to stay honest especially when the rule is really pointless (obviously I am not happy with any of them I just think first is better).