View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Bet or slowplay?

[ QUOTE ]
kurto, I mean whenever I see two suited cards, I'm scared the villain has a flush draw. I either make them fold or completely slow down when the flush hits. I guess the point is to give them the wrong odds to call if they do have a flush draw, but often it just scares off worse hands that might call a smaller bet. I seem to either lose value or let them bet me off if the flush card comes. Horrible play, I know, but I think I'm TOO scared of flushes. Heads up, what are the odds that they have a flush draw?

At lower levels, though, it seems people will call a pot sized bet with a flush draw, so you can't really get them to fold, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we are nervous when there's an obvious draw out there that could ruin the pot we're expecting. But we're still the favorite. If they call PSBs with just 8 outs... we should be thrilled. Sometimes they'll outdraw us. Sometimes their flush will come in WHILE the board pairs. then we do real nice.

Sometimes they don't have the flush and are just as scared when it comes.

Point is... we all are nervous about flush draws. But that doesn't mean we should be slowing down before it gets there. As long as you are giving them improper odds, in the long run you should profit.

On another note- don't always assume the person's on a flush draw. Often times them have an overpair, 2 pair, etc. They're often just as afraid of the flush draw as you are.

But if the draw gets there, there's no harm in slowing down.