View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I've read on here and other places a lot of people saying Huckabee won.
I totally disagree with that. I'm going to go thru the transcript and look at each question he had:

Huckabee got killed on the immigration issue with regard to scholarships for children of illegal immigrants.
Next question was three departments he'd eliminate. Mentioned IRS and Flat tax. Ok, the usual, nothing notable here
Signed no tax pledge everyone else did, no big news here
Response to Thompson's video. Says he cut taxes. After debate CNN fact checks that he had a net tax raise of half billion dollars
Next question was abortion/death penalty. Gives a nice little christian conservative answer. Anderson gives a tough follow up with WWJD.
Next question they ask the baptist minister if he believes in the bible.
Now for Huckabee's video. Good little Christian Conservative, woo hoo.
Another question, this time gays in the military. Kind of plays off Hunter's answer
Log Cabin Republicans, "I'll take everyone's support." haha.
Space Exploration. Real toughy there. Send Hillary to Mars! oh Huck you kill me!
Black on Black crime. Quote "disproportionate amounts of help" nuff said

Let's review.
Scholarships to illegals. Net tax increase. Get the minority vote by giving them disproportionate help.
But dont forget this! Lot's of nice little ah shucks jokes and playing to the christian base.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be true if the content of what the candidates were actually saying mattered in these things, but it really doens't. It seems it matters more how their message is delivered rather than the what.