Thread: K Jack off
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: K Jack off

[ QUOTE ]
think of it ,lets say u do hit ure straight anyhow,
u bet right out and what do u do if u been raise by utg and reraise by somone behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hit your straight on the river, I think its unlikely that you would be raised and re-raised by UTG and someone else behind.

[ QUOTE ]
cause like u said earlier your straight might be good or not and the utg raiser might think u try steal pot from him

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you made your straight on the river and UTG did raise your river bet, you would call.

[ QUOTE ]
and there some one out there already with flush
(low one,thats why he wouldnt raise turn because he knew he couldnt make fold a Q or K anywya on turn for 1 BB, but would raise on river knowing is flush is probably good?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that most players who made the non-nuts flush on the turn would bet or raise with it. I dont think that they would wait for the river to bet, incase a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell to give someone with the lone K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a better flush.

[ QUOTE ]
do u call 2 cold BB AND w/o knowing if utg raiser will after that action,reraise of just call or even fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

For UTG and someone else to raise and 3-bet your river bet after you made your straight on the river would be very unlikely. It would also be strange, and so I think that you probably should call if that happened.

[ QUOTE ]
calling on turn,u must think about those tought as well when its multiway pot and a dangerous board like that with lot of redraws or even dead draws for u...no?

[/ QUOTE ]

The possibility of having to make a difficult decision later in the hand is not a good reason to avoid making the correct decision earlier. Considering your play on later streets on dangerous boards is fine, but deal with later tough decisions when and if they arise.

[ QUOTE ]
for those reasons 14.3 -1 odd on the turn is very thin very thin i think

[/ QUOTE ]

As explained in earlier posts, you are getting good odds on the turn to call.

[ QUOTE ]
,but probably the best move is check and if u can close the action on river for 1 bet fine go ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont check the river if you make the straight that you were hoping for. Bet your hand for value !

[ QUOTE ]
but be able to fold if lot of action on river,

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of action on the river is unlikely if you made a straight. But even if there was a lot of action, folding what could very easily be the best hand in an enormous pot would be a big mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
if u cant just fold on the river,might be good idea to fold turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are trying to justify making a poor decision to fold the turn, because if you call, you are afraid that you might have to make a tough decision on the river.

Thats just weak play and you can not think that way to play poker profitably.

I am sorry if my post was long, but I have tried to answer the points which you raised as clearly as I could.