View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could someone please explain to me, in language you may use for a small child, why Clemons is suddenly a much, much, much better option to start at Quaterback than a winning veteran like Pennington who has led average Jets teams to unlikely winning seasons and playoff appearances in the past? What have you all seen in Clemons that makes you so anxious to get him in and trade off or cut Pennington?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can say that Pennington is "the better QB at the moment", but that doesn't matter anymore. Would you rather go 5-11 with Pennington or 4-12 with Clemens? The fact is that he has played terrible against mediocre teams and IS NOT the Chad we know from 2002. When you can't win against the Buffalo Bills who were missing 4 starters on defense and at the time had statistically the worst defense in the NFL, it's time for a new spark in the offense. And it might as well be the guy who was drafted as our next possible franchise QB.

It's funny how Mangini said in training camp (or something to this effect): "The QB competition is open and you must perform to have the job." Bottom line, while it's nice that Mangini is sticking to his guy, Chad hasn't been performing, and even though I like the guy, enough is enough and a change must be made.

If we lose to the Bungles, I am sure KC will be in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a huge amount of time for Pennington (like I did Testraverde). I have always felt that he was mentally tough; capable of making the clutch plays; and always found ways to maximise his potential despite the lack of top class athletic abillity. Additionally, he comes across as a very humble and determined character in interview - and never shies away from critiscism or responsibillty when the team isn't winning. If we are approaching the end of his tenure I think it is a bad thing. You are left wondering how different it would have been if he could have avoided those injuries. And maybe the fact that he came back from the second one to get to the playoffs last year is a testament to the type of personallity he is. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And finally, he owes the Jet's exactly [censored] all. He has given GREAT service.