View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Jim Cramer\'s nephew gives awful advice too

[ QUOTE ]

People like to claim that you have to fail a few times to really be successful or have a chance at being successful. I don't get that at all. Why do you feel that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the people that have tried something and were instantly successful at it - while they do exist - are outliers on the chart of human experience. The vast majority of us have had to try something over and over, and fail over and over, before we learned enough from our mistakes to succeed in the chosen field. More importantly, though, the experience teaches perseverence (sp?) and makes you emotionally tougher for when in the future everything goes against you all at once, as things usually. Having had the experience of trying, failing, and then eventually succeeding in the past gives you the psychological fortitude to withstand the swings when they happen again. On the other hand, someone that just took something up and was instantly successful at it simply wouldn't know how to deal with a bad streak because he hasn't had the experience... yet. I'm sorry if all of this sounds like some psycho-babble but I really do believe it to be true.

Kirk