View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 PM

Default $1000 NLHE London MTT - Awful?

had been there for 3 hours. was very uncomfortable due to heat etc. had no cards. AQ causes a low flop to come. and i folded JJ after seing a raise to 425, me raising to 1,425 and being re-raised to 6000 total. the guy showed A-A.

20k starting stack had dwindled down to around 12k. just moved to this table. most seem aggressive and loose going off showdown hands.

blinds are 200/400 with no ante. i am UTG or UTG+1.

i have 6s 7s. i limp for 400. folded to the button who raises to 2200. BB calls. i called the 1800 more. i have about 10k left.

both the button and the BB have about 35k.

flop is 9 5 4 rainbow. pot is about 7k. BB bets 6k.

i shoved for 10k total. i knew that the BB wasn't folding any hand here and was willing to take my chances. i knew i had 8 outs that would give me the nuts on the turn and went with it.

the button/original raiser takes a while and folds. BB calls. BB has K9. Button says he folded 10-10.

turn and river brick.

fwiw - i am not a regular playing live for this level of buy-in. i am a winning mtt player online. their play didn't intimidate me.

how bad was this? i actually thought the button would call my 10k and the BB was definitely calling so it would be a 37k main pot for me to win.....

ok ty for any responses.