View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi I have advanced to step 6 for the APPT-Macau and have been excited to play it until I realized something important, I never have traveled outside the U.S. so I have never purchased a passport. The tournament is a little bit over three weeks away and I am wondering how long does it take to actually get a U.S. passport? I have heard anything from 3-6 weeks, is there anyway to get one faster or perhaps something temporary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Expedited processing is available if you are willing to travel to a regional passport agency and pay the expedited processing fee of $60.

You will get your US passport within 14 days.

You will have to make an appointment with the nearest regional passport agency.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/abo...ncies_913.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info and I have an update, I have qualified for APPT-Macau on step 6 but I looked at the list of the nearest regional passport agencies and the closest is Chicago and I live in North Dakota. This would not be worth it for me to travel their just to expedite the passport. I also emailed stars about somehow selling the seat and they said it cannot be done no matter what. So tomorrow I will go to the passport agency in town and hope to get it here by the time I leave, which will be the 20th or 21st.