View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

[ QUOTE ]
I have said this some other places but I think it would have been very cool to end the book after chapter 34 (Kings Cross).

Instead they went with an incredibly cliche and cheesy ending, which while not unexpected, was a bit disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ending it right after Chapter 34 would have been horrible. Although with a little clean-up after it would have been a good ending. Leave Neville killing the Snake and the whole end battle (slightly-modified since Harry's dead), then end with Ron/Hermione/Ginny drinking to Harry's memory and work in a bit of the overall state of the world. Since the Ginny/Harry relationship was slightly understated it wouldn't have been horrible to have Harry die. After book 6 it was fairly obvious that Ron or Hermione couldn't be killed since it would have been pretty lame.

That being said I like the ending. I'm a sucker for that though. The epilogue could have been better, but I don't mind not knowing about the details of death eaters and stuff. We can assume that what happened after Harry survived the first time happened again.