View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: NFL Playoff Predictions thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KC seems like a trendy upset pick. Imo Indy will roll in this one. A few things to consider:

-Indy is 8-0 at home this year including wins over Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philly, and Cincy

-KC is 3-5 on the road this year with their only wins over Oakland, Arizona, and St Louis

-Two years ago they met in the playoffs, Priest Holmes ran for 200+ yards and Indy still won by more than a touchdown.

I havn't seen what the point spread for this game is, but based on the public opinions that I've heard so far, I think I'd be all over Indy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy was a much better team 2 years ago. They averaged about a TD more per game, and their run defense was not historically bad.

(granted, KC was better as well).

but anyway, Indy has been really limping down the stretch. I don't put much stock into games played 2 years ago by basically 2 different teams. I'm taking the points here.

[/ QUOTE ]

People say this but I'm not sure what the basis is. If you actually watch the games, teams play the Colts in almost constant Nickel and Dime, which means Peyton will beat you in 12 plays instead of 3, so naturally the numbers are down.

Also, the Colts D was never good, they were simply benifeting from the 14-28 point leads that Peyton and Co. would put up. Now that D's have slowed, but not stoped, the out front scoring, the D isn't defending only the pass anymore and racking up INTs at an alarming rate.

Watch the games, don't just read the box scores.

All that said, KC-38 IND-34

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly right, the colts D is designed to stop the pass. That's why when the offense is firing on all cylinders they're basically impossible to beat. Otherwise though, if a team has time to run against them they are jus garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one thing I'd correct about what you wrote (that actually ties in with the thread that KBZ and I hijacked) is the Colts Run D is actually above average at home, where they are 8-0. It could be the crowd getting them pumped, it could be the turf that helps their speed, but whatever it is, they're better in the Dome.

Cody