View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Most shocking/unbelievable finishes you saw

I don't think anything surpasses Douglas/Tyson in my eyes. As invincible as everyone thought he was back then, he was even moreso in my eyes since I was 12 the night Douglas KO'd him Tokyo. Tyson was all I'd known, and was a buzzsaw force that was unstoppable. I was watching the fight with my dad and my grandparents. I couldn't believe how long it took, but when Tyson floored Douglas in the 8th, it was so obviously over. I would have bet my life in that instant. But Buster got up. When Tyson got knocked down, I yelped "Holy [censored]!" but no one said anything about it. I went to bed, and for some reason, I cried. I guess it was just coming to the realization that nothing is forever, and the truths you take for eternal and unchangeable at 12 don't always hold up.

Honorable mentions do go to: Lakers/Spurs on the Devean George shot; Music City Miracle; Cal/Stanford; NO/JAX where NO pulls off the multilateral TD only for Carney to shank the XP; Reggie Miller playoff game; Ali/Foreman; BC/Miami; Colorado/Michigan. Wow, sports rule.