Thread: aces in stud 8
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: aces in stud 8

I suppose you guys are looking for a hand like this

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (17.38 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street - (16.69 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

6th Street - (32.69 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (36.69 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (39.69 BB)

Reads--seat 5 is one of the funniest players to play with. He loves to raise to try to get it HU (never works) with absolutely nothing (b/c he's really good at making ridiculous suckouts). (he'll play crap for awhile, then play fine, then play horrible again--it's pretty funny the swings he goes through--bigger than mine)

btw--if you didn't notice I got runner runnered by that guy in this pot (I should run the odds on him scooping that vs what we had on fifth and sixth so I can laugh so hard) fun game--(wish I had realized seat 6 had a four flush but he wasn't good enough to give him credit for that)

I did slow down but I don't know how I can fold given those players and those boards. (oh and winning aces vs aces when I have the best hand for five streets would be nice once--they pair and I have to fold river (or donk call) it's so annoying)

It's been mostly those type of hands--ones they catch total garbage and stay in till rivers and I end up not even splitting the pot--rather annoying. Running the equity calculations my raises/calls were correct in these type of pots but of course since it's stud it's high variance for sure. I guess I'm just mad it's not me winning lol.

(wasn't talking about the straight low boards--even the ragged ones like 82A and the like they'll get there)

Rolled up doesn't win as much as I keep thinking it should either--I guess it's welcome to limit hell poker sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit--didn't notice I had a FD on sixth either--missed some raises there but I would have lost more money if I had.

This obviously is the highlight hand but basically this stuff three way (guy chasing low only vs guy chasing high only and I'm ahead both ways on sixth and get scooped) is quite a huge hit to my psych at the moment. Perhaps I shouldn't be doing this anymore. It's not the $ obviously I've made more than that but I can't see how I can subject myself to much more of this. I guess playing fine (okay the mistakes I do make annoy me like a really bad call down I made versus what I was darn sure was a flush but I had noticed quite a few dead cards so I stupidly called down even though I knew--I'm sure we've all done that though--I just hate making mistakes but running equity calculations in all the hands I was in where I lost giant pots with aces my play was correct--I suppose I just wish variance went the good way for a change but I might not play long enough to see it)